ISTANBUL : 18-22 / 17-23 Nov,2019
PRAGUE : 20-24 / 21-27 Jan,2020
PRAGUE : 6-10 / 5-11 April,2020
VIENNA : 22-26 / 21-27 June,2020
TARGET GROUP: HEI (Higher Education Institutions) staff, school staff (primary and secondary), and staff working in Adult Education Centres
CERTIFICATES: “Certificate of Participant”, “Europass Mobility Certificate”, “Staff Mobility Agreement”, “Invoice”
This course will focus on developing social skills of students. Social skills are the skills we use to communicate and interact with each other, both verbally and non-verbally, through gestures, body language and our personal appearance. We, as human beings, have developed many ways to communicate our message, thoughts and feeling with others. Our course is mainly about drama and game to develop social skills of students. With the help of playing and game-based lessons, students learn to interact socially, learn about their environment and how the world works. On the other hand, drama is built on social interaction. It is therefore the perfect instrument to introduce and develop social skills with students. Because drama builds confidence. It develops language and communication skills. Students are encouraged to express themselves both verbally and through facial expression and body language. Moreover, thanks to drama, students are bette rable to understand their feelings and develop empathy for others.
The course aims to provide teachers with:
- What is motivation? Learn how to motivate
- How to recognize student who needs motivation
- Learning about developing social skills of students
- General characteristics of educational games
- How to plan game-based courses
- Techniques and ideas for increasing motivation of students through games and drama
- Ideas for using games and drama to teach and inspire students
- An insight into the role of games and drama in education
- An opportunity to exchange ideas on the topic and develop links with teachers from other countries
- Increasingstudents’ motivation through game&drama and make more effective classes.
In the framework of Erasmus Plus Programme, we are going to develop our courses based in both theoretical and practical methodologies. We will focus on the motivation of students and practical ideas for how teachers can use games &drama in their lessons to motivate students. Also, what the most effective teachers are doing in this area will be shared with participants.
A detailed questionnaire to indicate teachers’ level of experience, teaching background and their own teaching methods.