“EDUCATION OF HEARING IMPAIRED STUDENTS”
DATES: LOCATIONS: DURATION & FEE (per person)
18-22 / 17-23 Nov, 2019 Prague /Czech Republic € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
6-10 / 5-11 April, 2020 Helsinki /Finland € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
22-26 / 21-27 June, 2020 Barcelona/ Spain € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
TARGET GROUP: HEI (Higher Education Institutions) staff, school staff (primary and secondary), and staff working in Adult Education Centres
CERTIFICATES: “Certificate of Participant”, “Europass Mobility Certificate”, “Staff Mobility Agreement”, “Invoice”
Hearing impairment, deafness or hearing loss refers to the inability to hear things, either totaly or partially. Symptoms may be mild, moderate, severe or profound. It has many impacts on students’ learning such as understanding new concepts, especially language based, interacting with other students, delayed communication skills and slow development of vocabulary. Moreover, hearing loss effects an individual’s ability to process information. These students have special learning needs and these needs are addressed through special education. Students with a hearing impairment may require accommodations and assistive devices to have the best access to education. The course, therefore, focuses on developing the professional skills and competences for educators and experts who work with students who have hearing impairment. This course also provides strategies for teachers of hearing impaired students.
The course aims to provide teachers with:
- Characteristics of hearing impaired students
- Teaching and communication skills for hearing impaired students
- Challenges for hearing impaired students
- Teaching methods for hearing impaired students
- Classroom activities for hearing impaired students
- Accommodations to make for hearing impaired students in the classroom
- Techniques and ideas for increasing motivation of students with hearing impairment
- Ideas for using innovative approaches in the classroom
- An insight into the importance of using effective techniques for hearing impaired students
- An opportunity to exchange ideas on the topic and develop links with teachers from other countries.
In the framework of Erasmus Plus Programme, we are going to develop our courses based in both theoretical and practical methodologies. We will focus on innovative approaches and practical ideas for how teachers can use effective techniques for hearing impaired students. Also, what the most effective teachers are doing in this area will be shared with participants.
PREPARATION: A detailed questionnaire to indicate teachers’ level of experience, teaching background and their own teaching methods.