“WE ARE ALL SPECIAL” INCLUSIVE EDUCATION
DATES: LOCATIONS: DURATION & FEE (per person)
6 / 10 Jan, 2020 Barcelona/Spain € 350 (5 days)
TARGET GROUP: HEI (Higher Education Institutions) staff, school staff (primary and secondary), and staff working in Adult Education Centres
CERTIFICATES: “Certificate of Participant”, “Europass Mobility Certificate”, “Staff Mobility Agreement”, “Invoice”
Inclusive education generally means that all students attend in age-appropriate, regular classes and are supported to learn, contribute and participate in all aspects of the life of the school. This definition now includes all groups that have a disadvantage in society (religious, ethnic and cultural minorities, migrants, refugees and asylum seekers, girls, low-income families, people with disabilities, AIDS patients, etc.) The aim is to include these kinds of students in the normal education process, regardless of their differences. Because all these students can achieve the educational goals set for them if they have the opportunities they need. Therefore, inclusive education is crucial movement that meets and supports the differences between learners. This course has been designated for teachers dealing with classroom diversity and disadvantaged learners because teachers should be educated to be able to meet different needs of students with special needs. They will be provided with understanding the advantages and disadvantages of approaches such as inclusion, integration and mainstreaming in order to enhance good quality of education and training for all learners. This course focuses on understanding of different special needs diagnosis, planning inclusive lessons, creating inclusive school environment, teacher’s emotions and attitudes working with special needs students and working with parents. Also they will be provided with methods and techniques that teachers/educators may use in inclusive classes in order to prevent labeling, isolation, bullying towards special needs or diverse students in general.
The course aims to provide teachers with:
- General knowledge about inclusive education
- Principles, benefits and values of inclusive education
- Understanding the process of education
- Alternative learning practices and techniques for students with special needs
- Inclusive education models of overcoming segregation and including students with special needs in mainstream education
- Appropriate student assessment and evaluation
- Enhancing communication skills for students’ with disabilities
- Encouraging all students and increasing students’ engagement in classroom
- How to motivate and guide students in inclusive classroom
- Using art, technology, creativity and necessary tools in lessons
- Creating inclusive classroom and school environment
- Enhancing diversity and intercultural awareness
- Techniques for promoting effective inclusive education
- Classroom activities related to inclusive education such as role play, teamwork, use of ICT
- Planning integration activities
- Modification for inclusive education curriculum
- Methods for inclusive education implementation
- Ideas for creating innovative and inclusive classroom environment
- An opportunity to exchange ideas on the topic and develop links with teachers from other countries.
In the framework of Erasmus Plus Programme, we are going to develop our courses based in both theoretical and practical methodologies. We will focus on innovative approaches and practical ideas for how teachers can achive inclusive education and include all students into learning process regardless of their differences. Also, what the most effective teachers are doing in this area will be shared with participants.
PREPARATION: A detailed questionnaire to indicate teachers’ level of experience, teaching background and their own teaching methods.