“PROMOTING STEM EDUCATION THROUGH TEACHER TRAINING”
DATES: LOCATIONS: DURATION & FEE (per person)
18-22 / 17-23 Nov,2019 Rome/ Italy € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
6-10 / 5-11 April,2020 Prague/ Czech Republic € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
22-26 / 21-27 June,2020 Istanbul/ Turkey € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
TARGET GROUP: HEI (Higher Education Institutions) staff, school staff (primary and secondary), and staff working in Adult Education Centres
CERTIFICATES: “Certificate of Participant”, “Europass Mobility Certificate”, “Staff Mobility Agreement”, “Invoice”
STEM is a type of curriculum in school based on the idea of educating students in four disciplines –science, technology, engineering and mathematics- in an interdisciplinary and applied approach. Blendid learning environment seperates STEM from the traditional science and math education. ıt is, therefore, important to integrate STEM into education. This course aims to help teachers understand importance of STEM education and improve their lessons with innovative approaches. Also, participants will be provided with different methodologies about STEM.
The course aims to provide teachers with:
- Knowledge about STEM
- History of STEM education
- Benefits of STEM education
- How to motivate and guide students in STEM
- STEM classroom teaching
- Techniques for promoting effective STEM education
- Classroom activities related to STEM
- Planning STEM activities for students
- Modification for STEM curriculum
- Methods for STEM implementation
- Ideas for creating innovative and technological classroom environment
- An opportunity to exchange ideas on the topic and develop links with teachers from other countries.
In the framework of Erasmus Plus Programme, we are going to develop our courses based in both theoretical and practical methodologies. We will focus on innovative approaches and practical ideas for how teachers can promote STEM education through teacher training. Also, what the most effective teachers are doing in this area will be shared with participants.
PREPARATION: A detailed questionnaire to indicate teachers’ level of experience, teaching background and their own teaching methods.