“FIGHT AGAINST BULLYING IN SCHOOLS”
DATES: LOCATIONS: DURATION & FEE (per person)
6-10 / 5-11 April, 2020 Warsaw/Poland € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
22-26 / 21-27 June, 2020 Tallinn /Estonia € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
TARGET GROUP: HEI (Higher Education Institutions) staff, school staff (primary and secondary), and staff working in Adult Education Centres
CERTIFICATES: “Certificate of Participant”, “Europass Mobility Certificate”, “Staff Mobility Agreement”, “Invoice”
Bullying in schools is a worldwide problem that can have negative consequences for the general school climate in terms of the right of students to learn in a safe environment without fear. It can dramatically affect the ability of students to progress academically and socially. Therefore, a comprehensive intervention plan is necessary to ensure that all students can learn in a safe and fear-free environment. Initiatives to intervene or prevent bullying behaviors can help the learning environment to be safer. Educators and school staff play a critical role in preventing and intervening in bullying. In doing so, teachers should improve effective approaches for bullying. This course aims to support teachers and school staff with recognizing and preventing bullying to create a more peaceful environment for learning and teaching process.
The course aims to provide teachers with:
- Understanding the concept of bullying
- Recognizing bullying behaivor and types of bullying
- Reasons and consequences of bullying
- How to prevent and end bullying
- Creating more peaceful school environment
- How to empathy with bullies and bullied student
- Ideas to create strategies about how to deal with bullying
- An introduction for the techniques and methods
- How to develop a school policy against bullying
- The role of teachers and families in preventing bullying
- Role plays
- Encouraging students to fight against bullying
- An opportunity to exchange ideas on the topic and develop links with teachers from other countries.
In the framework of Erasmus Plus Programme, we are going to develop our courses based in both theoretical and practical methodologies. We will focus the problem of bullying and practical ideas for how teachers can prevent bullying and create more peaceful school environment for learning and teaching process. Also, what the most effective teachers are doing in this area will be shared with participants.
PREPARATION: A detailed questionnaire to indicate teachers’ level of experience, teaching background and their own teaching methods.