“TEACHING WITH DRAMA, SHORT FILM, CLIL”
DATES: LOCATIONS: DURATION & FEE (per person)
20-24 / 20-27 Jan,2020 Rome – ITALY € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
6-10 / 5-11 April,2020 Amsterdam / NETHERLANDS € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
TARGET GROUP: HEI (Higher Education Institutions) staff, school staff (primary and secondary), and staff working in Adult Education Centres
CERTIFICATES: “Certificate of Participant”, “Europass Mobility Certificate”, “Staff Mobility Agreement”, “Invoice”
Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) is basically an approach where students learn a subject and a second language at the same time. The course aims to introduce participants to teaching techniques with drama & short film and also Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) principles. It also focuses on how to apply them in practise. There will be a focus on how drama and short film can cultivate lessons. During our courses, you will have the opportunity tos hare CLIL activities and also to provide feedback to each other. The course is suitable for all educators who wants to learn how to implement CLIL methodology in their lessons.
The course aims to provide teachers with:
• Teaching and communication skills
• Techniques to increase students’ motivation to CLIL in the classroom
• Ideas on how they can incorporate foreign language learning into their lessons
• Learning how to teach different content in a foreign language
• Learning how to plan CLIL lessons
• Creative ways to combining content and language
• Techniques and ideas for increasing motivation of students through short film & drama
• Ideas for using short film & drama to teach and inspire students
• An insight into the role of short film & drama in education
• An opportunity to exchange ideas on the topic and develop links with teachers from other countries.
In the framework of Erasmus Plus Programme, we are going to develop our courses based in both theoretical and practical methodologies. We will focus on the CLIL methodology and practical ideas for how teachers can use short film & drama in their lessons to motivate students. Also, what the most effective teachers are doing in this area will be shared with participants.
A detailed questionnaire to indicate teachers’ level of experience, teaching background and their own teaching methods.