“USE OF WEB 2.0 TOOLS IN EDUCATION”
DATES: LOCATIONS: DURATION & FEE (per person)
18-22 / 17-23 Nov, 2019 Prague/Czech Republic € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
6-10 / 5-11 April, 2020 Antalya/Turkey € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
22-26 / 21-27 June, 2020 Lisbon /Portugal € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
TARGET GROUP: HEI (Higher Education Institutions) staff, school staff (primary and secondary), and staff working in Adult Education Centres
CERTIFICATES: “Certificate of Participant”, “Europass Mobility Certificate”, “Staff Mobility Agreement”, “Invoice”
Web 2.0 refers to websites that emphasizes user-generated content, ease of use participatory culture and interoperability for end users. Using technology in your classroom has many advantages for you as a teacher by increasing your teaching methods and competencies of your students. Moreover, technology promotes teaching through new and innovative ways. Software programs, for instance, enhance skills such as problem solving, creative thinking and multitasking. This course enables teachers to select the appropriate Web 2.0 tool(s) to integrate into curriculum.
The course aims to provide teachers with:
- General information about Web 2.0
- How to use Web 2.0 tools
- Use of Web 2.0 tools in classroom for educational purposes
- Knowledge about the internet security and ethics
- Benefits of Web 2.0 tools usage in terms of education
- Practical ideas how teachers can integrate technology into their lessons
- How to motivate and guide students in using technology
- Effective communication through Web 2.0 tools
- Techniques for promoting effective use of technology
- Creating websites
- How to develop teamwork
- Activities on social media
- Use of social media effectively
- Modification for the use of Web 2.0 tools in curriculum
- Ideas for creating innovative and technological classroom environment
- An opportunity to exchange ideas on the topic and develop links with teachers from other countries.
In the framework of Erasmus Plus Programme, we are going to develop our courses based in both theoretical and practical methodologies. We will focus on innovative approaches and practical ideas for how teachers can improve teaching through use of Web 2.0 tools in lessons. Also, what the most effective teachers are doing in this area will be shared with participants.
PREPARATION: A detailed questionnaire to indicate teachers’ level of experience, teaching background and their own teaching methods.