TACKLING EARLY SCHOOL LEAVING
DATES: LOCATIONS: DURATION & FEE (per person)
6-10 / 5-11 April, 2020 Prague – Chezch Republic € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
22-26 / 21-27 June, 2020 Vienna / Austria € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
TARGET GROUP: HEI (Higher Education Institutions) staff, school staff (primary and secondary), and staff working in Adult Education Centres
CERTIFICATES: “Certificate of Participant”, “Europass Mobility Certificate”, “Staff Mobility Agreement”, “Invoice”
Early school leaving can cause real risks and socio-economic disadvantages for students’ future. It also increases the likelihood of unemployment and poverty. The focus of the course will be on identying the causes of ESL and the best approaches and strategies to prevent and reduce it. To prevent early school leaving schools need to develop a systemic approach that includes simultaneous activities on multiple levels: work with teachers and counselling service, work with parents and pupils.
The course aims to provide teachers with:
- General information about ESL
- Developing the understanding of ESL
- Challenges of defining ESL
- Main factors leading ESL
- Effective policies to reduce ESL
- Learning to motivate, guide and effectively assess students at risk of ESL
- Identification and coping with students at risk
- Emotional and social learning
- Strategies to prevent ESL
- An opportunity to exchange ideas on the topic and develop links with teachers from other countries.
In the framework of Erasmus Plus Programme, we are going to develop our courses based in both theoretical and practical methodologies. We will focus on the problem of early school leaving and strategies to prevent it. Also, what the most effective teachers are doing in this area will be shared with participants.
PREPARATION: A detailed questionnaire to indicate teachers’ level of experience, teaching background and their own teaching methods.