“IMPROVING INTEGRATION IN SCHOOLS FOR IMMIGRANT STUDENTS”
DATES: LOCATIONS: DURATION & FEE (per person)
18-22 / 17-23 Nov,2019 Rome/ Italy € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
6-10 / 5-11 April,2020 Prague/Czech Republic € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
22-26 / 21-27 June,2020 Istanbul/ Turkey € 350 (5 days) / € 490 (7 days)
TARGET GROUP: HEI (Higher Education Institutions) staff, school staff (primary and secondary), and staff working in Adult Education Centres
CERTIFICATES: “Certificate of Participant”, “Europass Mobility Certificate”, “Staff Mobility Agreement”, “Invoice”
Migration is an crucial issue which is getting more relevant to our lives. It is very important to integrate immigrant students into education system and to create intercultural environment to successfully run the educational process. Therefore, teachers have an important role in supporting these children. Their professional skills and intercultural competencies are the key for dealing with the requirements. Teacher training, therefore, is a key factor that differentiates effective instruction for immigrant students. The course will provide support for participants who wish to understand their role in integrating immigrant students into educational environment. Also it emphasizes the importance of successful models of intercultural approaches and integration of immigrant students.
The course aims to provide teachers with:
- Awareness of the reasons for immigration
- Teaching and communication skills for immigrant students
- Challenges for immigrant students
- Teaching methods for immigrant students
- Learning to motivate, guide and assess students from diffirent socio-cultural and linguistic background
- Classroom activities for immigrant students
- Effective strategies for integrating immigrant students into new school
- Accommodations to make for immigrant students in the classroom
- Techniques and ideas for increasing motivation of immigrant students
- Approaches to promote tolerance and diversity in the classroom
- How to integrate them into society
- An opportunity to exchange ideas on the topic and develop links with teachers from other countries.
In the framework of Erasmus Plus Programme, we are going to develop our courses based in both theoretical and practical methodologies. We will focus on innovative approaches and practical ideas for how teachers can use effective techniques for immigrant students’ integration. Also, what the most effective teachers are doing in this area will be shared with participants.
PREPARATION: A detailed questionnaire to indicate teachers’ level of experience, teaching background and their own teaching methods.