ABOUT THE CENTRE
The capital city of the United Kingdom, London is one of the liveliest and most cosmopolitan cities in the world. It has world famous cultural and social attractions; Big Ben, The Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, Madam Tussaud’s and the Tower of London are just some f the places to see. Not to mention the great shopping areas, parks and museums- you will never be bored here!
The PLUS campus is located in the 86-acre Avery Hill Park in Eltham, southeast London. The campus is part of the University of Greenwich and it is approximately 20 minutes walk from the Eltham High Street where students can find restaurants, shops and cafes. Central London is within easy reach by public transport, just a short journey away from our centre. The campus provides great teaching, living and sporting facilities.
• Comfortable student accommodation.
• Modern classrooms with audio visual equipment.
• Tennis courts and football pitches.
• Sports hall and a disco area.
• Common rooms with a dining area.
• A cafe and a shop.
• City Centre: Eltham – 10 minutes by bus.
• Bus station & train station: 10 minutes by bus.
• Bus stop: at the front gate .
• Nearest airport: London City airport / Gatwick Airport.
• Nearest supermarket: 5 minute walk.
• Nearest medical centre: 10 minute walk.
• Nearest bank: 10 minutes by bus.
• Nearest police station: 10 minutes by bus.
• Nearest cinema: Greenwich –30 minutes by bus.
• Standard accommodation is organised in flats of 4-7 single bedrooms in each. Each flat has a shower room and a separate toilet (1:4). All bedrooms have a wash basin, wardrobe, deskand a chair.
• En suite accommodation is organised in flats of 4-9 single bedrooms with private facilities. All bedrooms have a wash basin, wardrobe, desk and a chair.
• Modern classrooms are equipped with audio visual equipment at Mansion Site.
(10-minute walk from Southwood Site).
• Common rooms in each flat with a dining area.
• Students have their meals at the Mansion Cafeteria (10-minute walk from Southwood Site).
• Sports facilities: sports hall, tennis courts, football pitches. Sport equipment provided on request.
• Laundry facilities are provided at an extra cost.
• Special diets are provided on request.
• First aiders.
• Disco space available.
DAY TIME ACTIVITY PROGRAMME
At least two afternoons a week are devoted to sports activities but students are free to use the campus facilities whenever they are not being used by other people.
Tennis Courts Social Activities
Football pitches Team activities
EVENING ACTIVITY PROGRAMME
Refer to the PLUS website agent’s area for full details of the included excursions, attractions & museums per centre.
Refer to PLUS website agents’ area for destinations*
*Additional excursion packages at an extra cost.
Themed Disco Night
PLUS Factor Nights
PLUS Has Got Talent
The Last Dance Disco